- High School Guard (one really ought to train in law enforcement): $14.70 per hour, 8 hours.
- Preventionist: GED. Aids in literacy education: $8.70 per hour, 6.5 hours
- Locker Room Aide: No clue what this is: $8.70 per hour, 7 hours
- Bus Driver: $11.67 per hour, 5 hours
- Substitute Health Aide (i.e., sub-nurse): $9.28 per hour
One can now determine the “value” of education by the “cash” esteem of those who instruct, those who monitor, those who transport, and those who “bounce.”
Disappointing to say the least.
Also, in some respects, the children worked with by an “over-qualified” preventionist, are gaining a private tutor for $8.70 per hour. What does that locker room aide bring to the table?
Now if one is highly educated AND highly qualified AND respected for one’s capabilities, what does public education offer for you?